On the first Friday of (almost) every month, Downtown Mesa, is transformed into a mini-Sturgess. Bikers from across the Valley descend upon Main Street for a street party that gets better every time. Maybe you have heard of it…maybe you have thought about checking it out, but you aren’t quite sure how it works. You don’t need a bike – although bring it if you have it – to join this jamboree. No, this is a fest with no rules! (Well, OK, you need to follow the traffic laws and basic municipal guidelines…)
Here’s a couple of tips:
- If you don’t have a bike, don’t come down Main – use 1st Street or 1st Ave. And, yes, Here in Mesa, the parking is FREE! Even better, ride in on The Rail!
- You don’t need an actual motorcycle to attend. You can come in a car, bicycle, unicycle, skateboard, or just basic footwear. You are still welcome to come
- You don’t even need leather or chains or other biker garb.Bright colors will stand out, I am not going to lie. There is a lot of black-centric attire. But fly your freak flag and show in yellow. It’s all good.
- Queen’s Pizzeria has it down. They have pizza slices to go! So if there are huge crowds and you are starving, go there. And try to get some cheesy garlic bread while you are it. You will wonder how you ever lived without it.
- Watch for motorcycles! Maybe you already figured that out, but they do have the run of the road, so, you know, look both ways and all that jazz.